Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving

For Thanksgiving, we went to California. Our first stop was the desert. We met my family there and stayed Tuesday night and rode dirt bikes Wednesday. I had a blast. I let Karina ride on the back with me once, then I made her try it and she fell over and scraped and bruised up her legs...needless to say I didn't make her try again.

After that we spent some nice time with Greg's family, got to meet up with Uncle Derek and Aunt Trisha and their cute little kids, Ben and Crazy Ava. Over the course of the trip we also got to see Grandma and Grandpa Wertz, The Fronks, The Andersons, and spent a substantial amount of time with my best pal, John Skaggs. I didn't get to surf this trip, the waves were too small. Another fun evening we had was with Davy and Kelly (with Lucy and Chuck) and Kyle and Meagan (with Parker and Grace). Here are a couple of videos from that evening.






On our drive back to Provo, at around 6:30 pm, we saw a sign that said we were 12 miles from Cedar City (about 200 miles from Provo, so we had already driven 450 miles). It started snowing really hard and the traffic started moving at around 5 miles per hour. We called our parents to figure out what we should do, and figured out we should stop for the night. An hour after the traffic slowed down, we finally finished the 12 miles to Cedar City (what a drag!). Then we stopped at the Day's Inn, but we read on their lobby doors that there were no vacancies. There was no room at any of the inns for the pregnant lady (ring a bell?). We finally found some place that sounded cheap and vacant, so we stopped and sure enough, the America's Best Value Inn had room. We slept and in the morning the snow had stopped so we made it back to Provo.


Click here to see the pictures of the trip on Facebook.

1 comment:

  1. I love the shout out.. I am sorry it took so long to get back to provo but you got there safely.... : ) I shall see you real soon....

    ReplyDelete

Followers

background